Cyrillic and Apple Mac OSX

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Fri Apr 23 07:38:26 UTC 2004

Dear all,

I have read previous letters on this subject, always anxiously and with
little real understanding.

I have just upgraded to OS X 3.  I have no problems with my email programme,
I can write new Cyrillic documents in Apple Works and Word for Mac.  I can
open previous Cyrillic documents created in Apple Works, but I CANNOT open
previous Cyrillic documents created in Word for Mac; they just appear as
gibberish.

I use Matvey Palchuk's phonetic keyboard and a font called, in Cyrillic
letters, Латынский (Latynskii).

I will be very grateful indeed for any HELP!

Best Wishes,

Robert