Too many Web sites, too little time

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Fri Apr 23 13:33:35 UTC 2004

A beginning:

Many scholars in the area studies fields will find the AATSEEL
website's internet resources page very helpful:

http://www.aatseel.org/internet.html

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin
President of AATSEEL

On Apr 23, 2004, at 8:33 AM, Jolanta Davis wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> From time to time someone suggests to the AAASS that the Association
> should create on its Web site a catalog of useful Slavic Web sites. As
> whole, this is not a bad idea, however, there are just too many Slavic
> Web
> sites on the Internet, and changing their URLs too often, to keep
> track of
> them and to include everything. Also, how do we categorize "useful"
> Slavic
> Web sites? What may be useful to one person, may be bunch of nonsense
> another. Could we have a discussion of which Slavic Web sites you find
> useful? I'd like to find out to which Web sites you refer often, which
> Web
> sites you recommend to your students, etc. Basically, the links that
> are
> saved on your "Slavic favorites" list and listed on your personal
> sites,
> and/or your syllabi sites. I wonder if the same Web sites will start
> coming
> up in the discussion, or whether everyone uses something different.
>
> thanks
>
> Jolanta M. Davis
> AAASS Publications Coordinator and NewsNet Editor
>
> American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS)
> 8 Story Street
> Cambridge, MA
> tel.: 617-495-0679
> fax: 617-495-0680
> Web site: www.fas.harvard.edu/~aaass

> --

Benjamin Rifkin
Professor of Slavic Languages, UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706 USA
Voice (608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic