Fw: International language camp on lake Baikal

Andrew Jameson a.jameson at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Tue Feb 3 17:14:01 UTC 2004

This looks tempting, so I looked at the website. My conclusion was that you wouldn't send a weak
student there to learn Russian, but a strong student or a teacher of English might have an
interesting time. The 5 day cruises  on Lake Baikal start on 15 and 25 June, 5, 15 and 25 July and 4
August and each is followed by a 10 day course. The daily schedule on the "courses" page is quite
revealing - it includes Russian, psychology, theatre, dance. Anybody have experience of the ABC
school?
Andrew Jameson,
Lancaster UK.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ABC School" <abc_irkutsk at mail.ru>
To: <a.jameson at dial.pipex.com>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 4:18 AM
Subject: International language camp on lake Baikal

<ABC English language school>

Greetings from Irkutsk!
             The department of International Relations at ABC English language school would like to
offer you the programs we have available for foreign students.
              The main purpose is to "immerse" people in spoken Russian and enhance their linguistic
performance. We provide your students with highly experienced Russian instructors. Also, we believe
that when students from two or more countries live together and take part in camp life, it creates
an exciting atmosphere as well as wonderful memories hereafter.
              In addition to the language camp, we are also offering a five-day cruise on Lake
Baikal, during which we will visit the most beautiful locations around the lake. Students may enjoy
planned excursions, classes with Russian instructors, or simply relax.
            Actually, there is an English language camp located next to the Russian camp, for
Russian students and those English-speaking students who are not learning Russian.
We also have job openings for English speakers who would like to teach language classes, and serve
as camp counselors in the English camp.
             For more information, please refer to our website: http://www.abc.irk.ru/
            We would greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinions about our program. We look
forward to hearing from you!
With best regards
Vladimir  Karelin
Head of International Relations Department
ABC English language school
20, Gagarin Boulevard, 664003 Irkutsk, Russia
Tel:  (7-3952-345415)
E-mail: abc_irkutsk at mail.ru