Texts on Avtorskaya Pesnya, Romansy

Chuck Arndt chuckarndt at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 5 18:42:45 UTC 2004

Dear SEELANGers:

I am interested in composing an upper-level course on
Russian Avtorskaya pesnya (bardy) and romansy. Does
anyone know any texts that one could assign on this
topic (preferably ones that would not only have the
lyrics, but say something about the history of the
songs--although songbooks are fine too)?  The texts
can be in Russian or in English (I imagine most all
will be in Russian, which is fine, though it would be
interesting to know if there are any English texts out
there).

Thanking you in advance for your kind responses.

Sincerely,

Charles Arndt