Russian Teachers of French / Atlanta

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Tue Feb 17 22:16:00 UTC 2004

Dear SEELANGers:

I have received an appeal from a Professor of French who is trying to
arrange for accommodations for Russian teachers of French attending the
conference of the American Association of Teachers of French in Atlanta
July 19-24, 2004.

Please respond directly to Dr. Black or to Zhanna Arutiunova or
Aleksandr Prozorov of the Russian Association of Teachers of French at
jeanne_arou at hotmail.com or prozorov at mtu-net.ru.  I do not know any of
these individuals and do not know anything about the conference (or
about teaching French for that matter!)

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

*******************

Dear Dr Rifkin,
I'm writing to you on behalf of friends and colleagues in the Russian
Association of Teachers of French who wish to attend the joint
convention of American Association of Teachers of French and the
Fédération Internationale des Professeurs de Français in Atlanta this
July.

As you certainly must know, very few of these teachers and professors
from the Russian Federation as well as some of the CIS will be able to
attend if they must pay conference rates for room and meals.  I though
it might be mutually advantageous for some of the members of the
AATSEEL in the Atlanta area to host a native speaker in their homes
during the week of the 19th to the 24th.

If you think this idea has merit, I'd appreciate it if you could put be
in contact with the relevant people.  Or you can contact Mme. Jeanna
Aroutiounova (President) or Mr. Alexander Prozorov (Executive Director)
directly at jeanne_arou at hotmail.com and prozorov_a at mtu-net.ru.

  Casey Black

"Jamais homme noble ne hait le bon vin" --- Rabelais

Dr. Casey Bjerregaard Black, Coordinator
  Department of Modern Languages and Speech Communications
  Northern State University
  Aberdeen SD 57401
  (605) 626-2404
  (605) 626-2635 (fax)