Polyglossum dictionaries

Timothy D. Sergay tsergay at COLUMBUS.RR.COM
Tue Feb 24 14:28:54 UTC 2004

Hello, J.W. The earlier version of this family of dictionaries certainly
didn't work with Mac OS anything. They're strictly Windows products, which
is typical of Russian-produced dictionary software. The dictionaries were
nifty as long as they worked; the most useful was the Bol'shoi anglo-russkii
russko-angliiskii politekhnicheskii, with 1.2 million terms. Don't expect
long explanatory entries, though. I'm in Win XP Pro, now, and they won't
install or run without crashing. I have to investigate upgrades by
corresponding with the company. In the past ETS was totally unresponsive
to requests for tech help by email. I hope they've improved.
    I have never been burned ordering from Russian online vendors like
Ozon.ru and the "Russian shopping club" (possibly defunct by now).
    Yours,

        Tim Sergay