transliteration software

Peter Morley morley at cantab.net
Thu Nov 3 06:49:49 UTC 2005

Further to last email:

There are some online convertors, including

http://www.mblogic.net/tools/translit/cyrillic/

http://newyork.mashke.org/Conv/

It would appear you can download the Perl scripts and compile them on your own computer from the second link at least.

Alternatively if you're feeling adventurous:

http://www.derickrethans.nl/translit.php

has an extension that also needs compiling.

> Dear Colleagues,

> Does anyone know of some software out there (freeware preferrably) that
> transliterates Ukrainian and/or Russian into Latin script.  I have some excel
> files that need to be transliterated for statistiical use.

> Thanks
> John Reuter
> Graduate Student
> Department of Political Science