Data on U.S. Russian Language Programs

Scott Palmer sw-palmer at WIU.EDU
Thu Jan 19 19:20:41 UTC 2006

Can someone please tell me where I can obtain data for the (approx.) period
between 1985 and the present relating to the declining number of Russian
language programs at U.S. secondary and post-secondary educational institutions?

I vaguely recall an article about this topic appearing in either the AATSEEL
or AAASS newsletter some time back, but a search of the handful of
newsletters that I still have turned up empty.

Thanks,

Scott Palmer