Save the Russian Programs!

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Mon Jan 23 15:50:18 UTC 2006

Dear Josh (and SEELANGERs everywhere),

I think this is a great idea, and you are a mensch for pursuing it. The only part of this that I know for sure to be duplicated is the listing of fellowships and grants.  AAASS.org and AATSEEL.org have such lists, I think. You could, of course, just include a prominent link to these specific pages on those sites. But a site dedicated to advocacy, so to speak, would be a boon to the field, in my opinion. I think that should be the focus. I would suggest adding a section on news affecting the field, such as the recently announced US strategic language initiative. And you might consider including LCT Slavic languages, too.

I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas. But, to repeat myself, great idea!

Cheers,
David

David Powelstock
Asst. Prof. of Russian & East European Literatures
Chair, Program in Russian & East European Studies
Brandeis University
GREA, MS 024
Waltham, MA  02454-9110
781.736.3347 (Office)