Resumes in Russian

Thomas Luly thomas.luly at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 17 05:36:10 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some guidance regarding translating American resumes into Russian. I'm familiar with the basic layout of a Russian resume and what to include on one (plenty of examples to be found on Yandex), but I'm not sure if this applies to Americans/foreigners submitting CVs in Russian. Does a normal translation suffice? Or should certain elements that are commonly found on Russian resumes but not on American ones (i.e. date of birth, marital status, etc) should be included as well?

Any other suggestions and comments regarding resumes/CVs in Russia would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Thomas Luly
Hobart and William Smith Colleges