quote by Vertov

William Derbyshire Wwdslovene at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 17 23:48:44 UTC 2011

Can anyone direct me to a source (preferably available on the  Internet)
with the
original Russian text of the quote by Dziga Vertov below? Many  thanks.

"We rise against the collusion between the director-enchanter and the
public which is submitted to the enchantment. The conscious alone can fight
against magical suggestions of every kind. The conscious alone can form a man
of  firm convictions and opinions. We need conscious people, not an
unconscious  mass, ready to yield to any suggestion. Long live the consciousness of
the pure  who can see and hear! Down with the scented veil of kisses,
murders, doves and  conjuring tricks! Long live the class vision! Long live the
Kino-Eye!"