the textbook Poekhali has been criticised in Russia

James Beale James at RUSSIA-ON-LINE.COM
Thu Dec 6 14:49:29 UTC 2012

As the North American distributor of Poekhali (and all Zlatoust
publications), we have been watching this interesting development.  If you
would like to see some sample pages from the textbook, we have them
available on our site, ilearnRussian.com

http://bit.ly/UpDQ5P

James

James Beale
Russia Online, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Alexandra Smith
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:27 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] the textbook Poekhali has been criticised in Russia

Dear Colleagues,

Just in case, if you haven't seen latest reports about the criticism of the
textbook "Poekhali" (some members of Duma think that it gives a bad
impression of Russia to foreigners), you could watch this report:

http://maxpark.com/community/129/content/1686695

There is a more detailed report on this incident available here:

http://www.amic.ru/news/199245/

All best,
Alexandra

---------------------------------------
Alexandra Smith (PhD, University of London) Reader in Russian Studies
Department of European Languages and Cultures School of  Languages,
Literatures and Cultures The University of Edinburgh David Hume Tower George
Square Edinburgh EH8 9JX UK

tel. +44-(0)131-6511381
fax: +44- (0)0131 651 1311
e-mail: Alexandra.Smith at ed.ac.uk

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.