the textbook Poekhali has been criticised in Russia

Vadim Besprozvanny vbesproz at UMICH.EDU
Thu Dec 6 20:01:15 UTC 2012

Any negative reaction that comes from the Duma usually serves as a
compliment to the object of the criticism but in some instances it is just
an another "certificate" of their inability to discuss issues of education.

Vadim

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:26:41 -0500, "James Beale" <James at russia-on-line.com>
wrote:
> It certainly could have used a better editor this is true.  Most of  the
> publications from Zlatoust do not suffer from some of these
> stylistic/editing problems.  As my colleague mentioned to me, the
criticism
> aimed at the book from the Duma is not the editing, but rather the
content
> and is an effort to perhaps assert more control over textbook content
aimed
> at the foreign markets (not just the internal textbooks, which have
already
> been "revised.")
>
> James Beale
> Russia Online, Inc.