a question about Dostoevsky and prisons

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Sun Dec 16 16:59:40 UTC 2012

I searched the text of the Garnett translation available on Amazon and
couldn't find the English version mentioned in *Yale Quotations* there,
either. Assuming FD really is the source, I wonder if this isn't something
from his journalistic writings, maybe Diary of a Writer.

Cheers,
David P.

David Powelstock
Assoc. Prof. of Russian and Comparative Literature
Chair, Comparative Literature
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA 02453