WW2 records?

Ian baiterek at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 23 18:31:30 UTC 2012

This is where they should look:

http://obd-memorial.ru/flash/

Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:45:12 -0800
From: ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Subject: [SEELANGS] WW2 records?
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU

I just advised someone on another list that there are
no Russian military record offices that one can write to regarding
possible service in WW2.  All he has is a name, and doesn't know if the
person actually served or not.

But now I have doubts.  Was my advice accurate?  I did tell him that
there are FSU web sites that are collecting names of those who served
and fell during the war, etc.

Jules Levin

Los Angeles