AW: [SEELANGS] WW2 records?

Publikationsreferat (Matthias Neumann) publikationsreferat at OSTEUROPA.UNI-BREMEN.DE
Sun Dec 23 20:43:48 UTC 2012

TsAMO in Podolsk is supposedly closed to foreigners (if the person you
advised is not a citizen of the Russian Federation), and supposedly
difficult to deal with.

Good luck all the same,

Matthias Neumann

Von: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] Im Auftrag von Elena Gapova
Gesendet: Sonntag, 23. Dezember 2012 21:25
An: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Betreff: Re: [SEELANGS] WW2 records?

There are. This is a list of government offices and state archives dealing
with списки военнослужищих ВОВ:
http://www.abc-people.com/archives/sources.html

And yes, they reply (in particular, Центральный архив Министерства обороны,
Подольск, Московская обл had the military records my mother was looking for
several years ago).

There are other (electronic) databases. You can Google списки военнослужащих
вов/

Good luck,

Elena Gapova