Khlebnikov - Odinokii litsedei

Alexandra Smith Alexandra.Smith at ED.AC.UK
Sun Mar 4 12:24:54 UTC 2012

Dear Robert,

I totally agree with Olga's comment. I would have read it the same way
(on both levels: the specific one and the broader one).
I think that it's an example of Khlebnikov's spatial imagination that
presents sounds and words in a metalinguistic way. There is an
interesting article written by Kedrov that explains some aspects of
Khlebnikov's vision:
http://ru.wikisource.org/wiki/Вселенная_Велимира_Хлебникова_(Кедров,_1989)

All best,
Sasha

Quoting Olga Meerson <meersono at GEORGETOWN.EDU> on Sat, 3 Mar 2012
18:55:21 -0500:

> To me, this sounds like the church slavonic dative ablative --
> in the time/presence of which. It also could be broader, an
> adverbial factor of sorts -- like "which made them blaze"

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.