Alec Brown translation of Tsvetaeva's "Molodets"

Molly Thomasy Blasing mtblasing at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 13 17:12:43 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

I wonder if anyone has information about the whereabouts of Alec Brown's
(unpublished, as far as I know) translation of Tsvetaeva's "Molodets."
 Karlinsky's _Marina Tsvetaeva: The Woman, Her World and Her Poetry_
mentions the existence of such a translation (p 207).  The Alec Brown
archive at the University of Birmingham (UK) supplied me with a version of
their finding aid (still in process), but it does not appear to contain any
of Brown's translations of Tsvetaeva.  While there is a chance the
manuscript is *somewhere* in that archive, it seems equally likely that it
is elsewhere.  I would appreciate any leads you might have as to how to
locate it.

With thanks and best wishes,
Molly Blasing

--