Alec Brown translation of Tsvetaeva's "Molodets"

Alexandra Smith alexandra.smith at ED.AC.UK
Sun Jul 13 22:10:17 UTC 2014

Dear Molly,

Alec Brown's translation was done around the same time when Tsvetaeva wanted to publish the book in French with Goncharova's illustrations. One Goncharova scholar who tried to locate Brown's translations told me that the translation might have been destroyed by fire in an attic of Brown's house or his relatives' house. It seems that he found some relatives of Brown. If you'll manage to find the translation of Molodets in the Birmingham archive, please let me know.

All best,
Sasha Smith

Sent from my iPad