Aleksandr Shevchenko painting

Steven Lee stevenlee at BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Jul 16 16:50:11 UTC 2014

Dear SEELANGers,

I'm trying to get permission to reprint a painting by the neoprimitivist
Aleksandr Shevchenko--his "Laundresses" (Prachki) from 1913 (
http://artinvestment.ru/content/download/news/20100323_prachki.jpg ).

According to a 1994 volume on the artist compiled by V. N. Shalabaeva,
the painting belongs to Shevchenko's family in Moscow. Would anyone
happen to know how to get in touch with either the family or Shalabaeva?

I've contacted the Russian Museum and Tretyakov Gallery for leads, but
no luck so far.

Thanks,
Steven.