help with Russian literary figure?

Thomas Hodge thodge at WELLESLEY.EDU
Wed Mar 5 11:25:33 UTC 2014

Bravo to Katya for identifying the original text(s). G. K. Ivanov, _Russkaia poeziia v otechestvennoi muzyke_, vol. 1 (Moskva: Muzyka, 1996), p. 34, identifies this poet as one "Mikhail Alekseev" (no other biographical information given), but I think Katya's absolutely right: M. P. Alekseev and Vadim Vatsuro, whom I'd trust far more than Ivanov (whose monumental reference volumes contain a large number of errors), both peg him as Fedor. For what it's worth, Ivanov gives the original censor's permission for this song as 1852 (St. Petersburg: Bernard). Best,
Tom