Question about summer Russian language programs (in the U.S.)

R R rosibelsroman at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 27 03:35:25 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am new to this list, and very pleased to find it is a great resource for
anyone studying issues in relation to Russia, Eurasia, or Eastern Europe,
as well as language learning. I learned of it through SRAS, which itself is
a great wealth of learning resources in these areas as well.

I'm not sure if people usually post here with questions about summer
language programs, but I am trying to decide between a couple, Univ. of
Michigan and Univ. of Pittsburgh, which I know are both great programs
about which I have heard positive things. Apart from both of them being
high quality programs, and other things like cost, and housing costs in the
local area, I'm a little bit unsure what else I should consider in trying
to decide.

I'm a graduate student, and the main reason for taking an intensive
language program -- other than my love for Russian language -- is to work
towards a higher fluency that will allow me to do research abroad,
involving written material in Russian as well as conducting in-person
interviews.

If you have input, feel free to write back; replying just to me, and not
the whole list might be better as I don't want this to lead to clutter for
everyone's inboxes, unless you really would like to share with the whole
list.

Thanks so much!

rosibel

                        http://seelangs.wix.com/seelangs