Using SignBank and SignWriter combined together

Wed Dec 4 16:18:45 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
December 4, 2002

SignBank and SignWriter will merge someday. Right now, they are two separate programs that serve different purposes. SignWriter is a "typewriter" or "sign processor" for typing documents. SignBank makes it possible to publish dictionaries sorted by Sign-Symbol-Sequence.

So Stefan, for right now, since you are busy typing documents with SignWriter 4.4, you may not need to publish dictionaries sorted by Sign-Symbol-Sequence ...but when you do, SignBank is here for you, and it will help teach SignSpellings to students too...

So I plan to start teaching how to enter simple signs, with their SignSpellings... Forget video, forget animation, forget multiple languages, forget illustrations...those are fancy features that are not necessary right now - but SignSpelling feature in SignBank is very important for Deaf Education, and that is what I want to focus on right now...

So I will do a series of diagrams and post them to the list slowly, over several weeks.....Val ;-)