Japanese Version of FileMaker

Sun May 5 14:19:55 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 5, 2002

Flavio in Japan wrote:
>So I installed a Japanese version of FileMaker. But
>what happens then, when I try to open
>SignBankPortal.fp5 (or any other file), is that after
>typing the password, a msg "unable to read from drive
>where the files are placed" is displayed, and I cannot
>continue the procedure. Either the problem is
>happening because it is a trial version of FileMaker,
>or because it's a Japanese version.

Hello Flavio and Everyone in Japan!
Thank for telling us about the Japanese version of FileMaker...Since
we did not know it existed, there is a chance that SignBank will need
to be adjusted for it..so I will ask our SignBank programmer and get
back to you...

Meanwhile, for those interested in beta testing SignBank, there is a
trial version of FileMaker which you can download from the FileMaker
web site:

Download Trial Version of FileMaker
http://www.FileMaker.com/products/try_filemaker.html
in English, French, Italian, German, Swedish, Dutch and Spanish...

Sadly, no Portuguese!

___________________________

Valerie Sutton
Sutton at SignWriting.org