QUESTION: SignWriter 4.4 on Windows

Wed May 15 16:31:13 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
May 15, 2002

>Andy Uehara wrote: I recently got my own windows computer, and I
>tried to install your >4.4 signwriter program. I get an insufficient
>memory error, except I have 512MB of ram, >and 1.4 Ghz Athlon. I
>have windows 2000, with MS Office XP, and a few other
>small >applications so I don't know why I am getting this error.

Hello Andy -
SignWriter 4.4 is a DOS program, so it requires a version of Windows
that can access MS-DOS, which includes Windows 95, 98, 98SE, and ME.

I believe Windows 2000, NT and XP do not allow access to MS-DOS?

So that is the reason. You will need to change operating systems,
unfortunately -

___________________________

Valerie Sutton
Sutton at SignWriting.org