First SignBank US Database posted....

Fri Nov 1 19:11:38 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
November 1st, 2002

Dear SW List Members:
I have seen your messages about spelling, and I will jump into that conversation soon...

But first...

I am happy to announce a new posting on the web at:

SignBank Download Center
http://www.SignBank.org/downloads

It is:
SignBank 2002 US Database
including....
130 American signs written in SignWriting
130 children's illustrations for a Picture Dictionary
An improved SymbolBank with more symbols...now at 16,111...
Plus some SignBank bug fixes.

It is a big download, for those with faster modems.

In November I will be working on creating a SignBank CD, so that downloading will not be a requirement any longer. But the CDs will cost money. I am heavily in debt now, because SignBank development has been expensive this year. So I will not be able to donate it to anyone. But the downloads are free!

So November will be my month for "CD design"...Not only a SignBank CD, but also several CD's designed by Bill Reese...hopefully all these CDs will be available by Christmas -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages