SignBank 2002 Instruction, Task 2

Fri Oct 4 22:44:12 UTC 2002

>So just in order not to waste my time and energy -- Am I correct that - if
>the size of the gif is smaller - we will not get in trouble neither ??

SignWriting List
October 4, 2002

Hello Everyone, and Stefan -
I am very sorry that I have not explained this well.. Let me try
again. All Sign GIFs are never smaller than 86 by 86. But if they
have to be larger, that is ok!

Example....Let's imagine I have a sign for the number one in ASL,
which is only one handshape (see the attached diagram). It is a sign
that doesn't take up much space.

In Photoshop, I create a canvas size of 86 by 86 pixels. Then I place
the ASL sign in the center of that canvas, and I save that as a GIF.
There is a lot of white space around the sign because the sign does
not take much space, but the GIF itself is 86 by 86 no matter what,
because that is the default size for entries in the dictionary... No
GIF is smaller than 86 by 86, but all GIFs can be larger if they have
to be...and they can always be adjusted later too...so please don't
worry - these are only guidelines...  ;-)