New Posting: Official SSS for SignBank 2002

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 5 01:25:39 UTC 2002

Valerie,

The logic of the sequence I understand, the rotations
I do not understand at all.  The C hand no longer
looks like a "C" but a cup hand which at first glance
puts the hand in a very awkward position.  Sort of the
-3 position from straight up and down.  I can't even
put my hand in that position without pain.

I really don't understand, and must protest as it goes
against 20 years of writing as "rotation 1".

I applaud the necessity of a 2002-SSS, but this
variation just doesn't make sense at all.

No matter if you are the creator, in this case, I
think you are just plain WRONG.

We have thousands of books with an up-and-down axis to
the hand, why change it Now?