SignWriting Shopping Cart ;-)

Sun Apr 6 19:38:06 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
April 6, 2003

Dear SignWriting List Members...
I hope you are all having a terrific day!

I have had a very interesting time lately, struggling with our new
Shopping Cart online. I am glad I have invested in it, but I am also
re-designing it now, to make it more friendly. I hope and pray I can
accomplish an easy-to-use, and very friendly shopping cart.

Let me tell you a story to give you an idea of the problem...

For the past 29 years, our nonprofit organization has offered
membership, with the enticement of "half price" on all publications.
The truth is, people really become members because they want to help
SignWriting continue...so it is really like a donation, and in the
United States, it is tax-deductible...We will always have memberhship
donations, as long as we are a nonprofit organization.

When we started our shopping cart, our programmer just assumed that I
wanted members to use a password to enter the shopping cart, because
then they will get the lesser prices...But that backfired, because
several members were upset and sent me angry emails, when they couldn't
remember their passwords, and couldn't enter the shopping cart...how
sad and unnecessary! So a shopping cart dependent on my issuing
passwords is really rediculous and self-defeating...I ended up having
some great phone conversations with those members, and we all agreed
that the password concept has to go...It is really rude, to be told you
cannot enter to shop! So our programmer is coming tomorrow and will
help me re-program the shopping cart so that all people can enter
without a password...

Hard to believe that I would be wasting my time on such nonsense, but I
guess life has those times, when it seems like there are many
road-blocks to completing a job...I appreciate your patience on all the
other, much more important projects, you have asked me to do...I hope
by Tuesday to get back to the really important work - namely
SignWriting!

Many blessing to everyone around the world - I join all of you, in
praying for world peace -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org