AW: diagonal planes

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Fri Aug 1 20:02:48 UTC 2003

Hi Charles,

some time ago we discussed this problem in several email lessons -

You find some fotos andgraphics that hight be helpful on my website - though
it is written in German you will find your informations ;-))

http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/write/email%20lessons/email_lessons01.htm

Have a great day

Stefan ;-))
  -----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
  Von: SignWriting List [mailto:SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA]Im Auftrag von
Charles Butler
  Gesendet: Freitag, 1. August 2003 18:24
  An: SW-L at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA
  Betreff: Re: diagonal planes

  Hi Valerie,

  Am I correct in writing a line down the center of the palm (fingertip to
wrist) to show diagonal orientation (like for boat).  I'm really not sure
how to show it otherwise. One's palm is face up sticking away from the body
but at a diagonal slant, so you need both a gap for the fingers and a line
down the center to show diagonal orientation.  Is this correct?

  Charles

  Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
    SignWriting List
    July 31, 2003

    DIAGONAL PLANES continued...
    After testing these symbols, there is no question that a dot on the
    Horizon Line is required, when the fingertips of the hand point towards
    the reader (towards the chest of the signer in EXPRESSIVE)... otherwise
    there can be confusion...so the plain horizontal line always means
    "towards the back wall of the room"....(forward in EXPRESSIVE)...

    > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif x-mac-creator=3842494D; x-unix-mode=0644;
x-mac-type=47494666; name=Diagonal_Sagittal_Hands.gif