SW in Sign Language Studies, volume 3, no.4, Summer 2003, pp. 393-430

Sun Aug 3 00:01:52 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
August 2, 2003

Dear SW List, and Fernando!
I contacted the Sign Language Studies web site, to read your article,
Fernando. Go to:

Sign Language Studies
http://gupress.gallaudet.edu/SLS/SLS3-4.html

And if you click on the current issue, you will see the table of
contents...It is a special issue about Sign Language dictionaries!!
Here is the Table of Contents:

Special Issue on Dictionaries and Lexicography, Part II
The Development of National Sign Language Dictionaries

Current Issue

INTRODUCTION
David F. Armstrong

ARTICLES
The Multimedia Dictionary of American Sign Language: Learning Lessons
about Language, Technology, and Business
Sherman Wilcox

Brazilian Sign  Language Lexicography and Technology: Dictionary,
Digital Encyclopedia, Chereme-Based  Sign-Retrieval and Quadriplegic
Deaf Communication Systems
Fernando C. Capovilla, Marcelo Duduchi, Walkiria D. Raphael, Renato D.
Luz, Daniela Rozados, Alessandra G. S. Capovilla, and Elizeu C. Macedo

Language  Standardization and Signed Language Dictionaries
Trevor Johnston

 From Variant to Standard: An Overview of the Standardization Process of
the Lexicon of Sign Language of the Netherlands over Two Decades
Trude Schermer

Lexicography and the University: Making the Gallaudet Dictionary of
American Sign Language
John Vickrey Van Cleve