AW:

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Wed Aug 20 13:26:01 UTC 2003

Hi Katrien and listers ...

nice to hear from you again!

I prepared a gif to show my way of spelling money (Geld) and Scotland
(Schottland) - please notice the differences in the spelling of "Geld"

sometime people lift their hand more or less - therefore the two different
handpositions (parallel to the floor, parallel to the wall) , you notice
that I use Mundbilder to support the reader to identiy the exact term that I
have in mind - "Geld" is a typical example that there are not two many
guesses possible at least in DGS  (money (Geld), how much?, ..) Nevertheless
it is up to future experiences how much we will/should include Mundbilder.

Scotland is the same in DGS  - I decided to write the contact star and two
arrows - it is a little bit doubled information - but my deaf students
understand that better ( Just two touch-contacts at heigh of the elbows
would be fine too ;-)) There are always several possibilities to find an
adequate spelling.

Did you see the sign for Bogota (Columbia)  they won the music contest
playing two bag-pipes at the same time ;-))   Hi Hector - congrats!

Have fun

Stefan;-))