Names of Countries...

Tue Feb 18 22:16:14 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, at 09:44 AM, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> Right now I am trying to write a list of country and city-names from
> Europe
> and Germany. Would be wonderful if more and more DEAF people become
> competent SW-users - This would allow us to collect datas of this kind
> for
> any SignBank in a short time with all the variations that show up.

SignWriting List
February 18, 2003

Hello Everyone -
Yes...when it comes to the names of countries, we did a little work on
that ourselves. In the small 3,100 sign ASL dictionary that we have in
SignWriter 4.4, we do have names of countries included, and I asked our
DAC staff at the time to add signs that were considered to be the
international signs for those countries, plus the older ASL signs for
the same...so for example, look up "Germany", and you will find two
signs - one I believe is the real German sign, and the other is the old
ASL sign...we have a list of countries in that dictionary alone...