Exporting Symbols from SignBank SSS?

Mark Penner pennermnm at YAHOO.CO.JP
Wed Feb 19 02:39:44 UTC 2003

At 07:50 03/02/05 -0800, you wrote:
> Mark, did you know that the Sign-Symbol-Sequence is also inside
> SignBank, in the Lessons Database? See the attached:

Thank you, I found it there in my runtime version of SignBank.

And that prompts a related question: Is there a way to export a symbol from
the SSS and paste it into another document? (I tried "Edit" "Copy", but
nothing pasted into Windows Paint.) I have spent hours in my Windows Paint
program piecing together signs--turning LSE Signs into Japanese Sign
Language Signs for our adaption of the Parkhurst's book. I like their
sharp-looking gifs, and am trying to keep our production on the same level,
but when it comes to writing stories in Japanese Sign Language, I'm afraid
I'm going to have to give up and just write them in SW4.4. I've noticed,
though, that the symbols in the SignBank's SSS are much sharper than SW4.4,
and if there is a way to access just the symbols from SignBank, that might
make my job easier. Maybe not, but its worth a try.

Thanks so much,

Mark

Mark and Mary Esther Penner
Tokyo, Japan