Exporting Symbols from SignBank SSS?

Wed Feb 19 06:55:34 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
February 18, 2003

On Tuesday, February 18, 2003, Mark Penner wrote:
> And that prompts a related question: Is there a way to export a symbol
> from
> the SSS and paste it into another document? (I tried "Edit" "Copy", but
> nothing pasted into Windows Paint.)

Hello Everyone, and Mark:
Yes. There is a way. One of the reasons that I have not gotten to the
symbol construction rules, that you and Hector have requested, is
because I am working on a new feature in SignBank that will improve
exporting symbols and signs...so it is funny you are asking all the
questions that I am trying to solve - ha!

Right now, we must work with the SignBank version that is available for
download on the web...Here are instructions, assuming you are using the
Runtime version:

COPY & PASTE SYMBOLS FROM SYMBOLBANK TO OTHER PROGRAMS, Part 1

1. Open SignBank with the 54321 password for Editors.
2. Then open SymbolBank
3. To copy symbols, you MUST be in the first layout of SymbolBank,
which is named SSS-2002. The name of the layout is in the top left
corner: