Parking on a Hill

Charles Butler chazzer3 at EROLS.COM
Wed Feb 19 16:27:13 UTC 2003

If I'm looking at these hands correctly, one is looking at the back of one's hand from one's body with the hands angled down.  Is this down and forward? or down and backward? so with the "tail of the plane" crossing the hand?

I think we need a picture here.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Reese
  To: SW-L at admin.humberc.on.ca
  Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 10:53 AM
  Subject: Re: Parking on a Hill

  Valerie,

  This got me to thinking about hands at vertical angles and I was wondering if there was a variation for showing an angled hand that's closer to the floor plane.  Maybe I'm just too lazy to search for it, but can the angle symbol combine with the floor plane hand symbol to show this?

  Bill

  Valerie Sutton wrote:

    SignWriting List
    February 18, 2003

    Positions of the hands on a diagonal, and these fingers are pointing
    down diagonal. I know this can be confusing and I hope to really
    explain them better, before I add them to SymbolBank - ha! But for
    today, I hope this helps you, Siv...