Parking on a Hill

Wed Feb 19 07:55:57 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
February 18, 2003

On February 18, 2003, Siv Fosshaug wrote:
> Our problem is that we can't find a SW symbol which shows IN THE
> HANDSHAPE ALONE this forwards-upward or -downwards diagonal orientation
> (although one can write upward+diagonal orientations of the hand in the
> other planes). Have we missed something? Is there indeed a way to
> write such a sign in which no movement is involved? Many thanks for
> any advice you might have,
> Siv Fosshaug, GS-MEDIA Gebaerdenschrift (SignWriting) Projekt

Hello Everyone and Siv!
Wonderful to hear from you again. It seems like your project is really
growing in Zurich....

Yes. We do have hand symbols on the diagonal plane, but they are rarely
used and there are times when they can be confusing. So at the moment,
they are not in SymbolBank, but they do exist and I hope to add those
symbols to SymbolBank in the future. In the next few messages I will
post a few examples. Here is diagram 1: