SignWriting Workshop in Japan

Fri Feb 21 16:16:56 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
February 21, 2003

Dear SW List members, and Mark and Ms. Hagiwara!
Thank you for this outstanding report on your recent SignWriting
workshop in Japan. And congratulations to you both. Isn't it great that
the Parkhursts books from Spain are now being adapted in Japan?! And if
your books in Japan become available, I bet other countries will
benefit from your books too ;-)

A fax in SignWriting after the workshop? Already? - ha! And it is
already spreading to other towns? That certainly is fast...

I would like to ask a question....Do you think lessons on a CD would be
useful in Japan? The reason I ask is that I now have a way to put all
kinds of different textbooks onto a CD...I was thinking of asking
different SignWriting authors if they would like to have their
textbooks on CD? So I asked Antonio Carlos in Brazil yesterday and he
was eager to send me the files immediately! I told him to wait briefly,
until I can catch my breath!

But the question still remains....I know that most people prefer
printed books, but I wonder if CD books, or eBooks, would be useful. It
is cheaper, because of no printing...and less postage to mail to
people...If you like that idea, when your books are finished, I would
be happy to include a Japanese SignWriting textbook on our SignWriting
Instruction CD.... and that goes for other countries too, including the
Norwegian, Spanish, German, and Swiss-German SW textbooks -

Val ;-)