Robin's Questions about SignWriting

Fri Jul 11 18:13:39 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 11, 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 10:37 AM, Robin K wrote:
> i guess i should have specified when i wrote the questions on
> SignWritng List that i did not make up the questions, i only have to
> asnwer them for the assignment.  "caregivers" was my teacher's choice
> of wording.  i am sorry if in asking these questions i have  offended
> anyone.  Thank you all for your help. Robin :-)

Hello Everyone, James and Robin -
Thanks for explaining this, Robin, and please excuse my over-reaction
to the term "caregiver"...I guess I have been influenced by those Deaf
people whom I have worked with...they are very outstanding
professionals and as Deaf adults they are sensitive, I think, to the
idea that other people see them as handicapped...so that is why I
reacted that way...

And thanks, James, for your answers to Robin's questions...Did you
know, Robin, that James started two schools in Nicaragua for Deaf
students? It is a remarkable story, and you can read about it on the
web:

SignWriting in Nicaragua
http://www.SignWriting.org/nicaragua/nicaragua.html

I will finish answering your questions next...