Hooked "L" and thumb position

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Mon Jul 14 13:04:30 UTC 2003

Trying to revise the Norwegian 'Lesons in Sing Writing*, I'm partly
refering to work done by a Norwegian Deaf sign linguist. She has been
explaining a series of common hand shape changes and finger movements. So
I tried to write some of her examples, and also to show which handforms
are involved.

In the attached example, the thumb, index and middle fingers go from
partly bent ot strongly bent.
The writning was no problem, until I looked at the two handshapes, and saw
the thumb had shifted posision.

Did I choose the wrong symbol, or are there old flaws in the system?

Ingvild