SW (DOS) digital dictionary and beyond, in several fronts worlwide (Brazil included)

Fri Jul 18 00:41:33 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
July 17, 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 02:58 PM, Fernando Capovilla wrote:
> We (my graduate students and I at the University of Sao Paulo) have
> used your good old SignWriter Computer Program (DOS) to create a
> dictionary .DIC file with 5,000 Libras signs, the same signs that were
> published in our trilingual Libras dictionary. And we are still very
> fond of that good old digital dictionary, indeed.

Smile...no kidding? I remember I donated the SignWriter Computer
Program notebook to your group way back, and I know you started to use
it, but I thought maybe you had just typed each sign individually and
then placed the signs in your elegant dictionary one at a time...I
didn't know you created a 5000 sign dictionary in SignWriter...that is
terrific...that is a valuable dictionary file that could bless the few
teachers of the deaf, in Brazil, who have computers...I receive around
2 requests from Brazilian teachers every month...Right now there is a
young teacher of the Deaf in central Brazil who needs a donation of
materials and I will try to send him something...just as I am sending
to Peru this week too...

More soon - Val ;-)