a new computer for Charles...;-)

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jul 15 16:26:18 UTC 2003

No, no, no, Sign Writer 4.4 requires DOS so I have a computer with that capability.  I've been running Windows 98 on my computer but my version now has MAJOR glitches in it.  That's why I've been shopping around.

I have possibilities of a Dell Laptop with more memory than two of my computers, I'm just not sure how to hook a laptap to my current printer, as Dell requires only its own printers, so no mix and match, even though it WILL run most PC-based programs.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
SignWriting List
July 2003

Yes, Charles, you do need to get a new computer - because Windows has
changed enormously and FileMaker Pro 5.5, which I donated to you,
requires a modern computer...you can get some computers for under $700
now...so it is not too bad...FileMaker does very well on smaller
computers, just as long as you are using a modern version of
Windows...It sounds like your computer was originally only DOS? That
sounds old...

Any suggestions from the List, as to a good computer for little money
for Charles?...Maybe you can buy a used one on eBay, Charles?...

Val ;-)