SignWriter MAC 5.0 Posted on Web!

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Sun Jun 1 15:18:38 UTC 2003

Val,
Signwriter 5.0 works in Win 98SE on my machine.  I updated to Java 1.4.1
JRE first.
http://java.sun.com/webapps/download/Display?BundleId=8227&Referer=http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html

Afterwards, I just clicked on the Mac X version of signwriter.jar in
explorer.  I was able to type symbols, words, and fingerspelling.  I was
able to access the dictionary and paste from that into my document.
 Like Angus, when printing, there are no margins.  Also, the beginning
of all lines (the left portion) was clipped.  It appeared to line up the
document on the right side of the page and clip the left side if it
didn't fit. I opened snowwhite-US.sgn and attempted to print it.  It got
hung up after printing the first page.  The page wouldn't release from
my printer.  Inspection of the printout revealed that my printer was
attempting to print past the bottom of the page.  Since that isn't
possible, it hung up.

It's still neat!  :-)

Bill