techincal problem

Thu Jun 12 20:24:49 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 12, 2003

Hello Everyone, Anne-Claude, Daniel  -
I am glad to know you will be working with Daniel in Switzerland - that
sounds like a good solution...

But this is important...

Your current operating system is very out-of-date and is no longer
supported by most software in the world.

For example, you cannot run Virtual PC. It only runs on Mac OS 9 and X.

The version of SignWriter Java that I posted on the web works on Mac
system 9 or X....The question is...can Java 1.4.1 really run on an old
Mac system 8 machine? I wonder...

So before you can really function on a Mac, you will need to upgrade to
at least Mac OS 9.2...preferably X, since it is the latest...

I think that is the real reason you have been so frustrated...because
your equipment needs upgrading...you can get a Mac OS X, eMac machine
for around 700 american dollars now...a very powerful computer for
little money - and Penny told me she just bought one herself, in
Switzerland I assume, because the price was so good - so if you want to
use SignWriter I would suggest getting a new eMac...Then you will be
able to do everything! ;-)

Good luck to you both!

Val ;-)