Thank you for telling me you can use SignWriter Java!

Mon Jun 2 23:21:27 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 2, 2003

Hello Everyone, and Stefan!
Many thanks for informing me that you could get SignWriter Java to
work. What a miracle! Just three days ago I did not know it worked at
all on Windows, so this is really a wonderful gift from heaven. And
yes, it is a major gift from me to you too, since I have not been paid
at all this year, and SignWriter 5.0 has been a painful chapter in
software development for me...I cannot tell you how many features I
have prayed for, and most programmers didn't really want to do it...but
today I begged our last programmer to at least make it possible for Mac
OS X users to re-size the dictionary window, and he did it with a quick
fix to the source code - very easy - but if I hadn't begged him, on the
Mac we would still be struggling - so I am grateful you are willing to
understand that it is not perfect - I pray that Dan and Daniel, and
others, will be able to fix each little problem, one by one...

For now, everyone, I have posted a good portion of the source code on
the web - there are still a few sections that need to be posted, but
programmers... if you want to go look - go to the download page to
download the sources...

http://www.SignWriting.org/forums/software/sw50

And thanks once again, Stefan, for showing me that you can print...I
cannot print anything at the moment, even though I did two versions
ago...so the printing needs to be stablized - this will take time, but
now at least you have the good looking symbols and people can do things
themselves now - thank goodness!!

I am going to take the evening for myself and see if I can do the
impossible - namely relax and try to be good to myself - now that I
have given to you, I need to learn to give to me...hmmmm....what should
I do with myself? I can try to dance around the living room...as I did
thirty years ago ...smile....

Val ;-)