AW: Thank you for telling me you can use SignWriter Java!

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Wed Jun 4 20:14:45 UTC 2003

Hi Valerie, Bill, Stuart, Mark, Dan and other enthusiasts -

just would like to share my progress in working with SignWriter Java  -

first of all - I can convert even long documents from SW 4.4   to the new
converted format -

and there are only very few symbols that need a second "polish up routine"
... ;-))

Well there has been a problem because of the left border - the first symbol
is pushed very far to the left - so there is
not a millimeter space -

but today I found a solution !!! in order get fine  screenshots for other
documents that finally can be printed !

Look at the attached gif  that shows an example of my document that is
prepared for my young students - signed German is to be translated in
German -
My students will read the document just as if they are reading a German text
!  I am experimenting with different writing styles  ( more or less
Mundbilder - ) But that is a different subject ....

Keeping in mind this problem I leave the first "imaginary box in my SW44
document open "  (just type the space bar )

2) After converting to a SW55 document I get the impression as if there is
more space in one line - at least on my large screen - (ha) -

3) Well - now I switch to typing words and with the help of the space bar I
have got no problem to set the left margin where I want to so
   that the following line is wonderfully in a line  -  and - that is an
advantage it looks much better to have some space on the left of the
     lines.

4)  There is a problem to find the "Umlauts and sharp S " of the German
Language -  but I can find the words - or - if the problem cannot be solved
without too much trouble I should insert my entries with ae or ss and that
would help ;-))

The routine to correct the signs that are not converted properly takes some
expereince - but I feel experienced now to get it down in a reasonable time!

I still try to find out some special problems - but I am confident that I
will be successful.

Even if the program is not perfect right now - it is a major advantage - and
it is so easy to create wonderfull looking documents -

Keep you informed ;-))

Stefan ;-))