New Download Center on the SignWriting Site

Mon Jun 9 23:41:51 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
June 9, 2003

Dear SW List members:
Releasing our partially-working SignWriter Java program has, no
surprise, created more work for me at this moment in time...We have an
eager group of programmers interested in establishing a SourceForge
project, and I want that very much...so we have been communicating
behind the scenes about these details...I am hoping that some really
capable programmers will help finish SignWriter Java in an open, free
forum that will give it credibility in the programming and Deaf
communities...

On my side, I have to gather all the old source code together, and then
post that source code on the web, so that the programmers can download
the sources, and then re-post them (I believe) on the SourceForge site,
so that the programmers can work with the code. I am very grateful to
everyone for this - I am so tired these days - and I am sooo happy that
others will take on the programming issues.

So...I have just posted a new directory for downloads on the
SignWriting Site...if you go to the home page:

http://www.SignWriting.org

You will see an orange icon for "downloads" in the top left
corner...that will take you to a new directory for users and developers
alike...

I am still posting the sources...only one web page out of two is
completed...

Meanwhile, I hope the current working version of SignWriter Java is
useful to those who need to convert to good graphics - I am thinking of
you!