SignWriting Report March 11, 2003

Wed Mar 12 15:12:29 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
March 12, 2003

On March 11, 2003, Dan Szwalkiewicz wrote:
> Valerie (& list): Are you aware of any signwriting classes or schools
> using signwriting in wisconsin??  I would love to go see one presented
> or in session. Thanks!

Dear List Members, and Dan!
Funny you should ask about Wisconsin...The teachers and I were talking
about residential schools for the Deaf, and one of the teachers
mentioned the deaf school in Wisconsin...but we are not there yet...it
would be a good school to approach, however... If we can find one
teacher in a school in Wisconsin, who teaches deaf children, and who is
interested in trying SignWriting, we can work out a one-time donation
of SignWriting materials for their students...they can experiment, and
then watch it spread....;-)

So contact schools in Wisconsin, Dan, and suggest that teachers contact
me...Get the word out - Most teachers have no idea SignWriting exists,
nor do they understand that it can possibly lead to improved reading
skills and better self-esteem...

Val ;-)