Need your advice...which compression should I use?

Sun May 11 20:36:16 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
May 11, 2003

On Sunday, May 11, 2003, Angus B. Grieve-Smith wrote:
> ....I would also add that Windows XP (and of course Linux, and
> probably MacOS X) comes with built-in support for Zip files, so nobody
> needs to install WinZip in addition, even to create Zip files.

I didn't know this, Angus. Thanks for informing me. Which brings up my
last question...Does it matter which platform I use, while I am doing
the zipping? Do I have to be in a Windows program to properly zip
files, or can I be in Mac OS X and zip them, without any cross-platform
problems?

Dan...You use Mac OS X, right? Do you know of any cross-platform
issues? I could do all the zipping in VirtualPC in Windows 98 se if
need be...