New version: SignBank 2002 v2.1

Wed May 21 21:11:59 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
May 21, 2003

Ingvild Roald wrote:
> Does this mean that PC users go on using the old version, or should we
> download the new version too?

Hello Ingvild -
Yes...It is necessary to use the new version, or purchase a new CD,
because version 2.1 has a new feature in it, that may seem minor at
first glance, but actually it is really nice. Before, in the older
version, we had to be in the SignBank Editor program, to be able to
copy a sign and paste it into another program, like Microsoft word...

But now, with version 2.1, you can copy a sign from the Portal, and
paste it into another program too - so Deaf children in a classroom,
could copy a sign and then paste it into a drawing or paint
program...even if they don't have access to the SignBank Editor. I will
be teaching you more about this feature shortly.

Meanwhile, Ingvild, do not bother to download, since in your case, I
owe you your CD anyway, and I am sending it now...so you will have this
new version in the mail -

I am taking the rest of the day to focus on DanceWriting orders - can
you believe? I have an 8-hour audio cassette course that I taught to
dancers back in 1978 and that book and 8-hours of audio tapes is
selling on our shopping cart - what a surprise! I only wish that Deaf
people could share in an audio course - maybe someday we can do a video
course ;-)

If you would like to read about the DanceWriting books, go to this web
page:

DanceWriting Shop Online
http://www.SuttonShop.com